Jeune Girl Studio

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Scrapbooking Tip #15: Make it Happen!


I just realized that I haven't given a tip in a while and this latest tip came to me in a letter I received from my newest client, Beth from Pennsylvania. In the note she thanked me for doing some work for her and explained what she wanted with her photos. The note ended by saying "How do you find time to scrapbook for yourself?!" While, I don't think she was necessarily looking for an answer or an explanation it struck me that perhaps I should explain.

When I meet people at craft shows and crop events 9 times out of 10 someone will comment "Wow, how do you find the time to do all of this?" My answer: "I make it happen." If you have a talent and an interest in scrapbooking you will be amazed at what you can sacrifice to "make it happen". For me, it's less time invested in interesting programs on HGTV and Discovery Health. I also don't watch any of the hottest new shows on TV. Whenever people would suggest a show to me, my answer is always "Nope, not interested in adding any more TV programming". That's not to say that I don't watch TV. The DVR has been a lifesaver!!

I also "make it happen" by involving my daughters in my work. Luckily, I'm blessed to have a dedicated craft space in our spare bedroom. I also keep plenty on hand for them to work with while I'm scrapping too. It's a great bonding time for us!

So, it's really no secret.... just "make it happen". But I wouldn't have a successful business if everyone actually made it happen so, basically, ignore this tip... keep doing the other things you love in your spare time and then get in touch with me for your scrapbooking needs :)

No comments: