Jeune Girl Studio

Saturday, September 27, 2008

ETSY


I have had an Etsy shop (click here to see) for a little while and have kept a constant supply of crafts in stock. Etsy is a great site for crafters and artists to showcase their work away from the glare of other sites (like Ebay). I have wanted to do well on Etsy since their listing fees are much more reasonable and I love the look and feel of the site. Since I opened my Etsy shop I have only made a few sales and most of them outside of Etsy (someone would see something on Etsy but then contact me about customizing something). But now I am proud to say that I have made my 1st OFFICIAL Etsy sale. A woman came across the customizable word albums I have listed there and wanted me to make 2. The buying/selling process on Etsy is a little more involved than Ebay (Ebay: I see it, I like it, I buy it) and there is a dialogue that has to happen to ensure the buyer will be getting their item customized to their specifications.

I hope to grow my Etsy shop in the next few months as the holidays approach. This doesn't mean I'm abandoning my Ebay!! In October I will be having some great birthday, fall, and Christmas theme items listed.

No comments: