Jeune Girl Studio

Monday, March 3, 2008

Scrapbooking Tip #1


So many people ask me for layout advice and my first tip is choosing the right photo. You cannot treat your scrapbook like a photo album. Each scrapbook page is a work of art, therefore, your photos should be chosen with care.

A great photo can be enhanced with embellishments. I recommend choosing your photo before choosing the paper you want to use for a layout. For example, these photos were taken in September but they don't necessarily scream "fall day" so I chose the colors to bring out the peach in the sweater and to offset the amazing blue in the sky behind Catrina.

A scrapbook page doesn't need to have EVERY photo from an event... just pick the best ones and go from there. I made this scrapbook page in 2006 and it is near at the top of my list of favorite pages. Check back frequently for more tips and if you have any questions, please contact me.

No comments: