Jeune Girl Studio

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Scrapbooking Tip #4: Kits!

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a big fan of kits. I always have enjoyed mixing and matching papers and embellishments. However, there are exceptions. If you want to complete a project quickly or if you just fall in love with one particular line then a kit can be perfect.
These papers are in the "3 Bugs & a Rug" Island collection. Technically, I didn't buy a kit. I had to pick and choose the papers and bought the stickers & embellishments separately. But I purchased with this sort of project in mind.


These are pages from my latest creation:
Surfer Mini Album


Just because you're using a kit doesn't mean you can't bring in items from other brands. In addition to the "3 Bugs in a Rug" papers I also used Prima flowers as well as other embellishments.

Kits can be very useful in all levels of scrapbooking. I always recommend that beginners buy a couple of kits to get themselves going. Don't be afraid to rip and tear and break up the kits in ways you may not have thought to do. All of the above pages are mixed and matched from 5 pieces of 12x12 paper (and stickers of course) so the combinations you can create are limitless!

Happy Scrapping!

No comments: